Q: What is Muscle Wise Nutrition?
A: The Muscle Wise Nutrition Protocol is a medically developed 3 phase weight loss and weight management protocol containing 2 key components - fat loss and a healthier lifestyle education so that you are empowered to sustain your weight loss results over your life course. Muscle Wise Nutrition its a balanced diet consisting of 900-1300 calories, low carb, low fat and adequate protein, adequate vitamins and minerals.
Q: How does Muscle Wise Nutrition diet work?
A: The three phases of the Muscle Wise Nutrition Protocol are designed to help you set, achieve and maintain your weight loss goals. During the weight loss phases of the Protocol, we limit carbohydrate intake to encourage the body to turn to its fat stores for energy. By eating Muscle Wise Nutrition foods, the Protocol helps to sustain muscle mass while teaching you how to develop smarter eating habits and lifestyle choices, to help maintain your weight after weight loss is achieved.
Q: Is Muscle Wise Nutrition vegetarian friendly?
A: Muscle Wise has 98 packaged foods, most of which are vegetarian compatible. 11 of the packaged foods are vegan friendly.
Q: Is Muscle Wise Nutrition vegan friendly?
Q: Is the Muscle Wise Nutrition Weight Loss Protocol safe?
A: The Muscle Wise Nutrition Weight Loss Protocol is medically designed and developed and is consistent with evidence-based guidelines, to help obese and overweight patients or clients achieve safe, long-term weight loss and maintain it.
Q: What are the three phases of the Muscle Wise Nutrition protocol?
- Phase 1 (Fat Loss) - Each day the dieter will have 3 Muscle Wise Nutrition meals, supplements of vitamins and minerals, 8 ounces of lean protein and 4 cups of vegetables provided by the dieter from the grocery store. Dieter is seen weekly by the coach for free bio-impedence scale measurement to review the progress and adjust as necessary. Average weight loss for women is 2.5 lbs. per week and 3.5 lbs. per week for men. Fat loss goals are determined after a medical history questionnaire is reviewed by our Medical Director and our Coach completes an initial assessment, including a total body composition analysis conducted on a bio-impeded scale measuring total body fat and muscle content. The client, coach, and medical director jointly agree on the dieter's fat-loss goal. Phase 1 lasts until the dieter meets their goals, which typically averages 10-12 weeks.
- Phase 2 (Stabilization) - 2 weeks - Dieter continues to return to whole foods. Each day the dieter will have 1-2 Muscle Wise Nutrition meals, supplements of vitamins and minerals, 16 ounces of lean protein and 4 cups of vegetables provided by the dieter from the grocery store. Dieter is seen weekly by the coach for free bio-impedance scale measurement to review the progress and adjust as necessary.
- Phase 3 (Maintenance) - Dieter returns to whole foods or combines with intermittent Muscle Wise Nutrition food as desired. The goal of phase 3 is for the dieter to apply the knowledge and education learned from the coach and adapt their lifestyle living to maintain their weight loss goals.
Q: What is the cost of Muscle Wise Nutrition?
- There is a one-time consultation fee which includes the Medical Director's review of the dieter's medical history and the initial bio-impedance analysis.
- After this, the only cost to the dieter is the Muscle Wise Nutrition food and vitamin supplements.
- The Muscle Wise Nutrition food and supplements are replacing all but one meal for the dieter in Phase 1. Most dieters note that as a result their food bill remains the same or slightly decreases as they are no longer eating junk food, fast food, sodas, alcohol etc. It is important to note Muscle Wise Nutrition is replacing the majority of the food the dieter was previously purchasing at the grocery stores or restaurants.
Q: Can you drink alcohol on the diet?
A: No. Alcohol not only stops the weight loss once the dieters have made progress, it can result in low blood sugars. Alcohol use is prohibited during Phase 1 and 2.
Q: Is Muscle Wise Nutrition a lifetime diet?
- No. MW's goal is to help you lose the fat in a reasonable amount of time and transition back to whole foods in a healthy lifestyle.
- Dieters can follow up indefinitely with their coach in P3, as desired.
- Sometimes dieters choose to supplement their ongoing healthy lifestyle with Muscle Wise Nutrition foods as they enjoy the taste.
- Phase 1 can be instituted at any time for short-term weight loss. This is often called a reboot.
Q: Is there data to support Muscle Wise Nutrition's effectiveness?
A: There is limited data from a few Cardiology groups that have used this for their practice on a small number of patients, approximately 200. There was good compliance with sustained weight loss over a 3-year period. Other comprehensive studies are being conducted and will be made available upon completion.
Q: Does the Muscle Wise Nutrition diet help individuals with liver disease associated with non-alcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH)?
A: Please review this published study examining the impact of the Muscle Wise Nutrition diet on metabolic parameters of liver disease in patients with NASH.